Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bow and arrows stolen from Battle house
Bow and arrows were stolen from a property close to where the Battle of Hastings occurred and King Harold was shot in the eye – with an arrow.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary which occurred in Potmans Lane, Catsfield, Battle, between 6pm on Friday, January 24, and 5pm Wednesday, January 29.
A Sussex Police statement said: “Two bows and two sets of arrows were the only items stolen.
“The bows are very distinct in appearance, one bow had a red body with white limbs and the other bow had a blue body with white limbs.
“The blue bow is a left-handed one which makes it more unusual.
“There was a set of ten arrows with orange and blue fletchings and a set of ten arrows with red and white fletchings which were also stolen.”
Call Sussex Police on 101.
- Seven months of misery - Brighton seafront roadworks delayed again
- Travellers arrive in West Worthing
- Revealed: Sussex is costly for students
- Man, 62, arrested after leg-stroking sexual assaults on bus journeys
- Council warns eateries which served ‘fake cod’
Comments are closed on this article.