Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bow and arrows stolen from Battle house
Bow and arrows were stolen from a property close to where the Battle of Hastings occurred and King Harold was shot in the eye – with an arrow.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the burglary which occurred in Potmans Lane, Catsfield, Battle, between 6pm on Friday, January 24, and 5pm Wednesday, January 29.
A Sussex Police statement said: “Two bows and two sets of arrows were the only items stolen.
“The bows are very distinct in appearance, one bow had a red body with white limbs and the other bow had a blue body with white limbs.
“The blue bow is a left-handed one which makes it more unusual.
“There was a set of ten arrows with orange and blue fletchings and a set of ten arrows with red and white fletchings which were also stolen.”
Call Sussex Police on 101.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.