Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Public park is occupied by travellers