Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- MP's warning on new 'severe' terror alert
- Company given £15,000 fine for asbestos work
- Pensioner hit over the head with crowbar
- VIDEO: Thieves raid ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of wine for £20,000 of posh plonk
- The light at the end of the childhood leukaemia tunnel