Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton solidarity protest as Winter Olympics launch
10:11am Saturday 8th February 2014 in News
Protesters will support LGBTQ+ people in Russia as the Winter Olympics kick-off.
More than 150 protesters are expected to gather at the clock tower in Queens Road, Brighton, at noon today to hear a speech by Russian LGBT activist Ksenia Zhivago.
Beth Granter, from the Brighton and Hove Socialist Party which is organising the demonstration, said: “The Sochi Olympics puts the world spotlight on Russia and international protests are showing mass opposition to Putin’s homophobic government.”
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Woman arrested under Met Police's Op Elveden told the investigation against her is dropped
- Man attacked with knife after complimenting woman on her appearance
- In-flight show to mark Shakespeare's birth
- Person hit by train at London Road station
Comments are closed on this article.