Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Foal dies in boggy land in Hailsham
4:53pm Sunday 9th February 2014 in News
A foal has died despite the best efforst of specially trained fireifghters to rescue it.
A specialist animal rescue team of East Sussex firefighters were called in to rescue a foal which had become trapped in boggy ground near to the refuse tip in Station Road, Hailsham, at just before 1.50pm this afternoon.
Crews attempted to free the young horse using rope and a crane in a two hour operation but the animal sadly died.
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Detectives treating blaze as suspicious
- Teenager dies after being hit by train
- Cameron tells Eastbourne council: Spend £2 million how you want
- Eastbourne Pier fire: Business owners were uninsured
- Residents association given permission to challenge council over fracking permission
Comments are closed on this article.