Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Foal dies in boggy land in Hailsham
4:53pm Sunday 9th February 2014 in News
A foal has died despite the best efforst of specially trained fireifghters to rescue it.
A specialist animal rescue team of East Sussex firefighters were called in to rescue a foal which had become trapped in boggy ground near to the refuse tip in Station Road, Hailsham, at just before 1.50pm this afternoon.
Crews attempted to free the young horse using rope and a crane in a two hour operation but the animal sadly died.
- Fears man found dead in industrial estate 'skip' could have been accidentally crushed after getting in a bin
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Blonde-haired man on bike flashed at 12-year-old
- Police pay tribute to Community Support Officer who has stepped down after a 10 year career
- Man charged with shouting racist abuse at Asian shop staff
Comments are closed on this article.