An elderly couple have been targeted by burglars for the third time.
The 89-year-olds were visited at their home in Woodfield Road, Crawley, at about 5pm on Friday by a man who asked if he could come in to write a note for one of their neighbours who was out.
The couple gave the man a pen and paper to use and stayed with him in the living room of the home for several minutes while he wrote the message.
When he left the couple noticed that an intruder had searched the home while they were distracted.
The man they spoke to was white, about 50, 6ft and bald with dark hair on the sides.
Detective Constable Roy Perryman said: "This is the third time in the last five years that the couple have been the victims of burglary and they are understandably distraught about what has happened.
"At this stage we do not yet know exactly what has been taken.
"I would like to speak to anyone that was in Woodfield Road on Friday and could have seen at least two people acting suspiciously or anyone who recognises the description of the man who distracted the couple.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1127 of 21/3, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Teenage burglar convicted for second time in a week
- Stop-smoking figures down year on year
- Motorcyclist who died on the A29 named
- Mother who was drunk whilst looking after her two-year-old son ordered to complete 60 hours of community service
- Water company releases untreated waste water into the sea to prevent widespread flooding