A man is being treated at a specialist hospital after suffering serious head injuries in a street attack.
The 54-year old Rustington man was taken to Worthing Hospital having sustained serious head injuries when he was assaulted in the street in Armada Way, Littlehampton, at about 11.50pm on Friday.
He has now been transferred to Hurstwood Park Hospital in Haywards Heath where he is currently conscious in a serious but stable condition.
His attacker is described as white, in his thirties, of stocky build with short hair.
Nothing was reported stolen in the attack.
Detective Constable Jamie Carruthers said officers had been making house to house enquiries in the area and are asking if anyone saw what happened.
If you can help please contact us via 101 or email 101@sussex,pnn.police,.ukquoting serial 1752 of 4/4.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- VIDEO: Madness of man who stops to have his picture taken sat on the edge of 500ft cliff
- Body found on beach not being treated as suspicious
- Two taken to hospital following crash on A27
- Air ambulance called as boy, 12, is knocked over
- Public park is occupied by travellers