Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
VIDEO: Man questioned by police after gun scare closes Lewes Road
7:19pm Monday 7th April 2014 in News
A 34-year-old man is being questioned by Sussex Police officers on suspicion of commiting an offence under the Firearms Act. Officers are searching a house this evening.
No shots were fired and nobody was injured in the incident.
Detective Superintendent Steve Black, who led the operation, said: "I would like to thank everyone for their patience and co-operation while this sensitive incident was brought to a safe conclusion.
"I am aware that there was significant disruption, but it was essential to close off the immediate area to ensure the safety of everyone living and working locally, as well as those seeking to resolve it."
- Inferno which severely damaged flat started accidentally
- Calls for pub to be closed after series of offences
- Spilt party drug at Brighton police station causes major alert
- Fire fighters kept busy by string of arson attacks
- Rumpus councillor is still working for Green Party MEP