The ArgusLondon to Brighton cyclist injured in car crash (From The Argus)

Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.

Cyclist training for the London to Brighton race injured in car crash

The Argus: London to Brighton cyclist injured in car crash London to Brighton cyclist injured in car crash

A cyclist in training for the London to Brighton bike ride broke a collarbone after he was clipped by a car.

The 23-year-old man from Horley was cycling with a friend shortly before 6.25pm last night on the A264 at Copthorne when he was clipped by a wing mirror.

A black Peugeot car stopped briefly, but then drove off and the man was then taken to the East Surrey Hospital in Redhill for treatment.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information about the car is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 or email collision.appeal@sussex.pnn.police.uk quoting serial 1203 of 16/04.

 

See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:25am Thu 17 Apr 14

r2dean2 says...

Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong.

Bring on the cycle haters.
Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong. Bring on the cycle haters. r2dean2
  • Score: -3

12:08pm Thu 17 Apr 14

TIMBURRY says...

r2dean2 wrote:
Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong.

Bring on the cycle haters.
Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag.
[quote][p][bold]r2dean2[/bold] wrote: Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong. Bring on the cycle haters.[/p][/quote]Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag. TIMBURRY
  • Score: -2

12:19pm Thu 17 Apr 14

High Wire says...

TIMBURRY wrote:
r2dean2 wrote: Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong. Bring on the cycle haters.
Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag.
Your point being ?
[quote][p][bold]TIMBURRY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]r2dean2[/bold] wrote: Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong. Bring on the cycle haters.[/p][/quote]Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag.[/p][/quote]Your point being ? High Wire
  • Score: 1

4:44pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Cycling commuter says...

That they were cycling and therefore deserve it? It always amazes me the vitriol when someone assaults another and causes these type of injuries. However, stick one on a bike and one in a car and people seem to think its acceptable and the injured person must have caused it! Anyways, I hope the cyclist is not too badly effected, I know how painful broken collar bones can be!
That they were cycling and therefore deserve it? It always amazes me the vitriol when someone assaults another and causes these type of injuries. However, stick one on a bike and one in a car and people seem to think its acceptable and the injured person must have caused it! Anyways, I hope the cyclist is not too badly effected, I know how painful broken collar bones can be! Cycling commuter
  • Score: 1

6:00pm Thu 17 Apr 14

DougM says...

TIMBURRY wrote:
r2dean2 wrote:
Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong.

Bring on the cycle haters.
Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag.
And what if they were? Perfectly legal, and still takes up less room on the road than one freeloading bloater in a car.
[quote][p][bold]TIMBURRY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]r2dean2[/bold] wrote: Sounds about right. Car knocks a cyclist off. Stops, most likely blames the cyclist for one reason or another and drives off. Most likely drove off as they knew they knew they was in the wrong. Bring on the cycle haters.[/p][/quote]Maybe they were riding side by side having a chin wag.[/p][/quote]And what if they were? Perfectly legal, and still takes up less room on the road than one freeloading bloater in a car. DougM
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree