Three people were injured when the car they were travelling in flipped onto its roof while being followed by police.
The accident happened just after 2am on Sunday when the driver of a green Fiat Punto lost control in Ludpit Lane, Robertsbridge.
The driver, a 34-year-old local man, received serious injuries.
The two other occupants of the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a 36-year-old man from Battle received minor injuries.
All three were taken to the Conquest Hospital for treatment.
The Fiat Punto had previously been reported as stolen and had failed to stop for police.
The man and woman from Battle have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taken and have been bailed while investigations continue.
The driver is still in hospital.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has been informed of the incident.
- Four men jailed for arranging prostitution of Brighton 16-year-old
- Bus company to review policy of allowing passengers to board its vehicles with hot food following passenger's 20 minute stand off with driver
- Disabled man fighting for life after street attack
- Boy left "shaken" after stranger grabs him in Tesco while he looked at Easter eggs
- Man repeatedly gropes woman as she tries to walk home