Three people were injured when the car they were travelling in flipped onto its roof while being followed by police.
The accident happened just after 2am on Sunday when the driver of a green Fiat Punto lost control in Ludpit Lane, Robertsbridge.
The driver, a 34-year-old local man, received serious injuries.
The two other occupants of the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a 36-year-old man from Battle received minor injuries.
All three were taken to the Conquest Hospital for treatment.
The Fiat Punto had previously been reported as stolen and had failed to stop for police.
The man and woman from Battle have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taken and have been bailed while investigations continue.
The driver is still in hospital.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission has been informed of the incident.
- Car bursts into flames in Brighton street and driver hot steps it away
- Heathrow vs Gatwick: £2bn snub to Sussex economy as runaway bid scuppered
- Opportunities missed to help suicidal agony aunt who killed herself
- Multi-million pound refurbishment for The Grand
- £100m laboratory would create 600 jobs and help produce next Nobel star