Whitehawk flat goes up in flames

Man rescued from burning flat

Man rescued from burning flat

First published in News
Last updated
by , Reporter

A man was rescued from a roaring fire after being found unconscious in his hallway in the early hours of the morning.

Firefighters from Roedean Fire Station attended the blaze at about 2am and made a rapid entry when about a dozen residents outside Robert Lodge in Whitehawk began screaming "there's somebody in there".

The man was found by firefighter Tony Bush and he has told The Argus he understands the man is making good progress in hospital.

More to follow.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree