A teenager was able walk away from a horror crash after her car plunged into a dyke.
A blue Ford Fiesta driven by a 19-year-old girl crashed off Wartling Road near Pevensey just after midday today and crashed into a dyke.
The driver was able to get out of the car and was unhurt but badly shaken.
The incident has caused long tailbacks of traffic in the area where the road links the A259 at Pevensey with the A271 at Boreham Street.
See the latest crime figures in your area with our street-level crime map
- Thousands raised in one day after death of Alex Maynard from Brighton
- Parents ‘horrified’ by rape of 14-year-old girl in Ovingdean nature reserve
- Bonfire society to charge an admission fee for the first time to Lewes biggest fireworks night event
- UPDATED: Man in hospital with life threatening head injuries after being hit by lorry on A259
- Saltdean jihadi is "willing to die" to warn-torn Syria