Shoreham dishwasher fire put out with garden hose

Shoreham dishwasher fire put out by garden hose

Shoreham dishwasher fire put out by garden hose

First published in News
Last updated

A fire in a household dishwasher was extinguished with a garden hose.

Fire crews were called to a house in Upper Shoreham Road, Shoreham, at 3am today.

The couple acted quickly to put the fire out before the two fire engines arrived.

One engine came from Hove Fire Station with a retained crew from Shoreham staying on to clear the house of smoke.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:32am Tue 29 Jul 14

Martin999 says...

Never try to put out a fire in electrical equipment with water.
Never try to put out a fire in electrical equipment with water. Martin999
  • Score: 3

12:48pm Tue 29 Jul 14

FatherTed11 says...

An electrical fire with a garden house? Really??
An electrical fire with a garden house? Really?? FatherTed11
  • Score: 1

12:49pm Tue 29 Jul 14

FatherTed11 says...

hose*
hose* FatherTed11
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree