Campaigners have launched a campaign to reverse parking charge increases they argue are crippling their businesses.
Traders in London Road have launched an e-petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website to return the parking charges to their previous level for the London Road car park and for on street parking, including the first 20 minutes for free.
A paper petition held at shops in the area has already attracted more than 500 paper signatures and organisers hope they can attract 1,250 votes online to trigger a debate at a council meeting.
To sign visit present.brighton-hove.gov.uk before November 29.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man found unconscious outside Brighton railway station
- Prolific conman on the run after allegedly defrauding lover of £850,000
- Call for greater police presence to stop neighbourhood being turned into "no-go area"
- Department of Health: ‘Allegations of illegally operating ambulances are very serious and need to be investigated’
- Bar explosion: 'We don't know why anyone would want to do this. Thankfully no-one was hurt'