Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Traders launch petition against Brighton parking charges
11:50am Saturday 10th November 2012 in News
Campaigners have launched a campaign to reverse parking charge increases they argue are crippling their businesses.
Traders in London Road have launched an e-petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website to return the parking charges to their previous level for the London Road car park and for on street parking, including the first 20 minutes for free.
A paper petition held at shops in the area has already attracted more than 500 paper signatures and organisers hope they can attract 1,250 votes online to trigger a debate at a council meeting.
To sign visit present.brighton-hove.gov.uk before November 29.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for cutting off puppy's tail
- Teenager critically ill following Worthing car crash
- Teen breaks leg after diving off Worthing Pier
- Comic dealer sells rare Beano first issue
- Mobile library services could be scrapped
Comments are closed on this article.