Campaigners have launched a campaign to reverse parking charge increases they argue are crippling their businesses.
Traders in London Road have launched an e-petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website to return the parking charges to their previous level for the London Road car park and for on street parking, including the first 20 minutes for free.
A paper petition held at shops in the area has already attracted more than 500 paper signatures and organisers hope they can attract 1,250 votes online to trigger a debate at a council meeting.
To sign visit present.brighton-hove.gov.uk before November 29.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for 24-years for horrific stabbing which killed ex-girlfriend
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- UPDATE AND VIDEO: London Bridge railway services suspended following fire
- GPs raise fears on homeless deaths
- Insurers set to expand Hove staff by 500 in next four years