Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton remembers the fallen
2:40pm Sunday 11th November 2012 in News
Hundreds of people gathered at Brighton war memorial today (November 11) to pay their respects to members of the armed forces who died in two world wars and other conflicts.
At 11am a maroon was fired signalling the beginning of the two minutes silence.
After prayers and hymns the first wreaths were laid by Lord Lieutenant for East Sussex Peter Field and Brighton and Hove Mayor Bill Randall, followed by MPs Caroline Lucas and Simon Kirby, councillors, members of the armed forces, veterans organisations and uniformed groups.
See the picture special in tomorrow's Argus with more pictures from the Brighton and Hove services on the website.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Incredible escape of Burgess Hill student after 15-storey flat plunge
- Accounts can be inspected
- Nurses’ uniform warning at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Two Sussex MPs ‘must explain’ votes against clean power
- Hopping on a bus is just the ticket in Brighton and Hove