Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Body found in woodland believed to be missing teenager
10:30am Monday 12th November 2012 in News
Police searching for a teenage mum who grew up in Horam have found a body.
Former Heathfield Community College pupil Amelia Arnold, 19, disappeared from the Hatfield home she shared with her boyfriend Jack Wall, 22, on Wednesday, November 7.
He is being held on suspicion of murder after handing himself into police on Sunday morning.
A body has now been found in woodland.
A police spokesman said Miss Arnold's family had been informed and were being supported by specialist officers.
Close friend Lewis Reilly, who went to school with Amelia and lived doors away from the 19-year-old for about seven years, said she was one of the kindest women he knew.
Speaking yesterday (November 11), Lewis told The Argus Amelia had a baby daughter, Lexi, who she adored.
He said: “I saw her every day for years. She was always cheerful and always had a smile on her face. She would do anything for anybody.”
Do you want to pay tribute to Amelia? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
Comments are closed on this article.