Police searching for a teenage mum who grew up in Horam have found a body.
Former Heathfield Community College pupil Amelia Arnold, 19, disappeared from the Hatfield home she shared with her boyfriend Jack Wall, 22, on Wednesday, November 7.
He is being held on suspicion of murder after handing himself into police on Sunday morning.
A body has now been found in woodland.
A police spokesman said Miss Arnold's family had been informed and were being supported by specialist officers.
Close friend Lewis Reilly, who went to school with Amelia and lived doors away from the 19-year-old for about seven years, said she was one of the kindest women he knew.
Speaking yesterday (November 11), Lewis told The Argus Amelia had a baby daughter, Lexi, who she adored.
He said: “I saw her every day for years. She was always cheerful and always had a smile on her face. She would do anything for anybody.”
Do you want to pay tribute to Amelia? Email email@example.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man jailed for 24-years for horrific stabbing which killed ex-girlfriend
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- UPDATE AND VIDEO: London Bridge railway services suspended following fire
- GPs raise fears on homeless deaths
- Insurers set to expand Hove staff by 500 in next four years