Duo hurt as firework van explodes in Shoreham

The driver lost control of a van after fireworks went off inside

The driver lost control of a van after fireworks went off inside

First published in News Exclusive by , Crime reporter

Two men suffered burns after one threw the end of a cigarette into a pile of fireworks in their van.

The pair were driving in Shoreham when they lost control of the vehicle and crashed off the road.

One of the men then discarded his lit cigarette into the back of the van, which was filled with fireworks.

Fuel, the cigarette and the bangers combined and the van was soon engulfed in flames as fireworks started to go off.

Witnesses described hearing the fireworks “explode” following the incident in Middle Road at 3.20pm on Friday, November 9, outside a park.

One of the people in the van was named locally as 22-year-old Omar Wright, who was taken to hospital.

His 16-year-old sister, Jerrilee Wright, of Adelaide Square, Shoreham, said her brother was taken in for treatment to see if he needed a skin graft.

Jerrilee said she initially feared her brother had been killed.

She said: “His arms have been burnt but his face was scorched.

“His arm tattoo has been burnt off.

“He was with another man called Dale.

“I think they crashed and one of them lit a cigarette and it started the fire. His mini motorbike and fireworks were in the back.”

Exploding fireworks

A witness said: “I was down the road and I could see the flames.

“There was banging and I could hear the fireworks exploding in the van.”

Kelly Ratcliffe, who lives with her partner Matt Knight in Middle Road, Shoreham, ran outside after hearing a bang.

Mr Knight said: “She said the van went up after it hit a post.”

A Sussex Police spokesman confirmed they attended the incident and “fireworks and fuel” were involved.

A West Sussex Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “There was a fire and fireworks were involved.

“The van and motorcycle in it were 100% damaged.

“Two breathing apparatus were used. It was accidental ignition and two men suffered burns.”

Yesterday the area was marked off by cones.

The ground was scorched and a pole was taped off.

 

See the latest news headlines from The Argus:

More news from The Argus

Follow @brightonargus

The Argus: Daily Echo on Facebook - facebook.com/southerndailyecho Like us on Facebook

The Argus: Google+ Add us to your circles on Google+

Comments (46)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:48pm Mon 12 Nov 12

CharlotteP says...

Seriously? He was smoking a cigarette in a van full of fireworks...
Seriously? He was smoking a cigarette in a van full of fireworks... CharlotteP
  • Score: 0

1:55pm Mon 12 Nov 12

AmboGuy says...

Oh Jesus. Nearly a top contender for a prize in the Darwin Awards.
Oh Jesus. Nearly a top contender for a prize in the Darwin Awards. AmboGuy
  • Score: 0

2:07pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Crystal Ball says...

There is a thin line between "100% damaged" and totally destroyed.

Laughably stupid on the part of the two tools too.
There is a thin line between "100% damaged" and totally destroyed. Laughably stupid on the part of the two tools too. Crystal Ball
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Mon 12 Nov 12

westpiergone says...

Ah Yes, The Darwin Awards, :)
Ah Yes, The Darwin Awards, :) westpiergone
  • Score: 0

2:28pm Mon 12 Nov 12

spa301 says...

Dale and Omar.......certainly not the dynamic duo!!
Dale and Omar.......certainly not the dynamic duo!! spa301
  • Score: 0

2:32pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Kiddon72 says...

Natural selection at it's best.
Natural selection at it's best. Kiddon72
  • Score: 0

2:53pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Tammy Flugh says...

“His arm tattoo has been burnt off."
So it's not all bad news then.
“His arm tattoo has been burnt off." So it's not all bad news then. Tammy Flugh
  • Score: 0

3:11pm Mon 12 Nov 12

John Steed says...

AmboGuy wrote:
Oh Jesus. Nearly a top contender for a prize in the Darwin Awards.
spot on mate
[quote][p][bold]AmboGuy[/bold] wrote: Oh Jesus. Nearly a top contender for a prize in the Darwin Awards.[/p][/quote]spot on mate John Steed
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Old Ladys Gin says...

That is one of the most hilarious things I have read in the Argus for ages...
They should receive the PondLife award for stupidity.
That is one of the most hilarious things I have read in the Argus for ages... They should receive the PondLife award for stupidity. Old Ladys Gin
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Mon 12 Nov 12

sussexram40 says...

Is this a joke?
"One of the men then discarded his lit cigarette into the back of the van, which was filled with fireworks. "

Unbelievable.

IQs smaller than their shoe sizes!
Is this a joke? "One of the men then discarded his lit cigarette into the back of the van, which was filled with fireworks. " Unbelievable. IQs smaller than their shoe sizes! sussexram40
  • Score: 0

5:38pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Charlie Oscar says...

you couldn't make it up could you



TOOLS
you couldn't make it up could you TOOLS Charlie Oscar
  • Score: 0

6:34pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Dr.Draconian says...

Quality!
Quality! Dr.Draconian
  • Score: 0

7:16pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Tammy Flugh says...

I can't see his insurance covering this.
I can't see his insurance covering this. Tammy Flugh
  • Score: 0

7:19pm Mon 12 Nov 12

mictrix says...

what a couple of...bright sparks lol
what a couple of...bright sparks lol mictrix
  • Score: 0

9:07pm Mon 12 Nov 12

dale89uk says...

this is totally bull because i was the driver the news dose really make up stuff NO one throw a fag into fire works i dont think anyone is that thick Anna Roberts really need to get her info right ahahaha
this is totally bull because i was the driver the news dose really make up stuff NO one throw a fag into fire works i dont think anyone is that thick Anna Roberts really need to get her info right ahahaha dale89uk
  • Score: 0

9:47pm Mon 12 Nov 12

ricicles says...

my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT.... ricicles
  • Score: 0

10:18pm Mon 12 Nov 12

Roundbill says...

I'm going to have to open all the windows to let some of this Fail out.
I'm going to have to open all the windows to let some of this Fail out. Roundbill
  • Score: 0

11:38pm Mon 12 Nov 12

John Steed says...

ricicles wrote:
my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
[quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left John Steed
  • Score: 0

2:04am Tue 13 Nov 12

dale89uk says...

John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote:
my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
[quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little **** dale89uk
  • Score: 0

9:56am Tue 13 Nov 12

Old Ladys Gin says...

Lighting a cigarette in a van with fireworks in it!
You can hardly be expected to get an award for bright spark of the year can you?
At least you are both safe but I wouldn't like to have to explain it to an insurance company - good luck.
Lighting a cigarette in a van with fireworks in it! You can hardly be expected to get an award for bright spark of the year can you? At least you are both safe but I wouldn't like to have to explain it to an insurance company - good luck. Old Ladys Gin
  • Score: 0

9:59am Tue 13 Nov 12

Skidrow says...

Most entertaining comments from news subjects I have seen on here EVER.
Most entertaining comments from news subjects I have seen on here EVER. Skidrow
  • Score: 0

10:59am Tue 13 Nov 12

Telscombe Cliffy says...

Skidrow wrote:
Most entertaining comments from news subjects I have seen on here EVER.
Think you may be right Skid, I don't understand chavspeak with no punctuation though. Some quotes sound like those on here at 5pm Saturdays, after the Albion have been beaten at home.
[quote][p][bold]Skidrow[/bold] wrote: Most entertaining comments from news subjects I have seen on here EVER.[/p][/quote]Think you may be right Skid, I don't understand chavspeak with no punctuation though. Some quotes sound like those on here at 5pm Saturdays, after the Albion have been beaten at home. Telscombe Cliffy
  • Score: 0

11:44am Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote:
my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
[quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now ricicles
  • Score: 0

11:44am Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote:
my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
[quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now ricicles
  • Score: 0

12:12pm Tue 13 Nov 12

NickBrt says...

At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van.
At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van. NickBrt
  • Score: 0

12:12pm Tue 13 Nov 12

NickBrt says...

At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van.
At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van. NickBrt
  • Score: 0

12:12pm Tue 13 Nov 12

NickBrt says...

At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van.
At least no-one else was hurt, who cares about the morons in the van. NickBrt
  • Score: 0

12:13pm Tue 13 Nov 12

spa301 says...

ricicles wrote:
dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......
[quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now[/p][/quote]To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already...... spa301
  • Score: 0

12:49pm Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

spa301 wrote:
ricicles wrote:
dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......
To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not.
[quote][p][bold]spa301[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now[/p][/quote]To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......[/p][/quote]To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not. ricicles
  • Score: 0

12:50pm Tue 13 Nov 12

Skidrow says...

Cliffy, the 10 key keyboard on the nokia is to blame.

Obviously Omar, 24 not 22, (Is that his IQ?) isn't thick enough to throw a lit fag in the back of the van with the fireworks and minimoto. He is however stupid enough to spark up in the front with entirely predictable results. Him and his mate then somehow become "survivors" rather than a pair of imbeciles who bail out from a still moving bomb on wheels in a residential area. My Grandchildren live near there you RETARDS.
Cliffy, the 10 key keyboard on the nokia is to blame. Obviously Omar, 24 not 22, (Is that his IQ?) isn't thick enough to throw a lit fag in the back of the van with the fireworks and minimoto. He is however stupid enough to spark up in the front with entirely predictable results. Him and his mate then somehow become "survivors" rather than a pair of imbeciles who bail out from a still moving bomb on wheels in a residential area. My Grandchildren live near there you RETARDS. Skidrow
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

Your grandchildren were probably video recording it u skid
Your grandchildren were probably video recording it u skid ricicles
  • Score: 0

1:02pm Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

Your grandchildren were probably video recording it u skid
Your grandchildren were probably video recording it u skid ricicles
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Tue 13 Nov 12

BevendeanBarry says...

If you read back the whole article it was your sister that told the reporters what had happened so hahaha your own family done you over and made you look like at right mugs over your way. I even bet u posted it to your Facebook proud of your actions
If you read back the whole article it was your sister that told the reporters what had happened so hahaha your own family done you over and made you look like at right mugs over your way. I even bet u posted it to your Facebook proud of your actions BevendeanBarry
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Tue 13 Nov 12

brightonian57 says...

@ dale and breakfast cereal. You two don't need a spade do you? You seem to making a very good job of digging yourselves into a hole without one.
@ dale and breakfast cereal. You two don't need a spade do you? You seem to making a very good job of digging yourselves into a hole without one. brightonian57
  • Score: 0

3:14pm Tue 13 Nov 12

ricicles says...

u lot mugged ur selfs off for reading and believing this pile of ****, u lot need to get a hobby or something instead of instigating a situation that has nothing to do with u, the only ppl that was hurt was me n dale and which has no concern of u, so keep ur fat noses out of our business, who cares ur grandchildren live down that road so do many ppl,, ur making out we went out an intended to hurt someone,, as for my sister,, the reporters had no right asking a young girl for a story when she was not there,, maybe if the reporters done their job properly, ie ask proper eye witnesses, there would be a real story to tell
u lot mugged ur selfs off for reading and believing this pile of ****, u lot need to get a hobby or something instead of instigating a situation that has nothing to do with u, the only ppl that was hurt was me n dale and which has no concern of u, so keep ur fat noses out of our business, who cares ur grandchildren live down that road so do many ppl,, ur making out we went out an intended to hurt someone,, as for my sister,, the reporters had no right asking a young girl for a story when she was not there,, maybe if the reporters done their job properly, ie ask proper eye witnesses, there would be a real story to tell ricicles
  • Score: 0

3:19pm Tue 13 Nov 12

CharlotteP says...

Omar and Dale .. Stan and Ollie... this is hilarious reading...
Omar and Dale .. Stan and Ollie... this is hilarious reading... CharlotteP
  • Score: 0

3:56pm Tue 13 Nov 12

BevendeanBarry says...

Not one of the people reading this has been mugged off! It's a great story one of the best reads this year hahaha!! And what makes it even better is you two muppets keep commenting brilliant keep up the good work won't you.
Not one of the people reading this has been mugged off! It's a great story one of the best reads this year hahaha!! And what makes it even better is you two muppets keep commenting brilliant keep up the good work won't you. BevendeanBarry
  • Score: 0

5:45pm Tue 13 Nov 12

Mr P Brown says...

I just can't take anyone called 'ricicles' seriously. Sir you sound like a real numpty, I should think 'dale' is really fed up with you. You seem determined to keep the comments coming.
I just can't take anyone called 'ricicles' seriously. Sir you sound like a real numpty, I should think 'dale' is really fed up with you. You seem determined to keep the comments coming. Mr P Brown
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Tue 13 Nov 12

AmboGuy says...

ricicles wrote:
spa301 wrote:
ricicles wrote:
dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......
To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not.
Have you ever thought of retaking your English exams in a night school? Just a thought.......
[quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]spa301[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now[/p][/quote]To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......[/p][/quote]To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not.[/p][/quote]Have you ever thought of retaking your English exams in a night school? Just a thought....... AmboGuy
  • Score: 0

6:29pm Tue 13 Nov 12

PorkBoat says...

However it happened, sparking up a cig in a van full of fireworks spells N-U-M-P-T-Y. Dale and Ricicles, chill out, you made a silly mistake, no one got seriously hurt and you'll be telling the story for years to come, and even your friends and family will be ripping the **** out of you for years to come. Go with the flow, have a laugh about it and be grateful you're still here to tell people the real story.
However it happened, sparking up a cig in a van full of fireworks spells N-U-M-P-T-Y. Dale and Ricicles, chill out, you made a silly mistake, no one got seriously hurt and you'll be telling the story for years to come, and even your friends and family will be ripping the **** out of you for years to come. Go with the flow, have a laugh about it and be grateful you're still here to tell people the real story. PorkBoat
  • Score: 0

8:41pm Tue 13 Nov 12

gareth74 says...

Classic Moronic behaviour - put right only when Cornflakes and Dingo come back to put the record straight!
"We aren't morons, we're retards thanks"

So so funny. Cheers fellas
Classic Moronic behaviour - put right only when Cornflakes and Dingo come back to put the record straight! "We aren't morons, we're retards thanks" So so funny. Cheers fellas gareth74
  • Score: 0

7:12am Wed 14 Nov 12

menowhere says...

was it the passenger or the driver that lit up? who is paying for the van? :D
was it the passenger or the driver that lit up? who is paying for the van? :D menowhere
  • Score: 0

8:23am Wed 14 Nov 12

Skidrow says...

Dale and Omar, just for the record, its a public comment board - its a free country and if you don't want to be commented about, don't get yourselves in the paper. Especially not for such a crassly stupid reason.
As for it being a freak accident, ask yourselves whether the combustible properties of petrol are a new phenomenon or whether you should have known better.
Dale and Omar, just for the record, its a public comment board - its a free country and if you don't want to be commented about, don't get yourselves in the paper. Especially not for such a crassly stupid reason. As for it being a freak accident, ask yourselves whether the combustible properties of petrol are a new phenomenon or whether you should have known better. Skidrow
  • Score: 0

9:08am Wed 14 Nov 12

plantwoman says...

Hilarious!!!
Hilarious!!! plantwoman
  • Score: 0

11:46am Wed 14 Nov 12

Nosfaratu says...

I really think that these comments and others made by contributors should be made into a radio show.

I applaud the Cynical, Humorous comments in all the stories on these pages. It is better reading than anything else.

Or printed 'Argus Editor's' !!!!!!
I really think that these comments and others made by contributors should be made into a radio show. I applaud the Cynical, Humorous comments in all the stories on these pages. It is better reading than anything else. Or printed 'Argus Editor's' !!!!!! Nosfaratu
  • Score: 0

8:32pm Wed 14 Nov 12

mictrix says...

ricicles wrote:
spa301 wrote:
ricicles wrote:
dale89uk wrote:
John Steed wrote:
ricicles wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....
mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left
here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****
me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now
To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......
To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not.
what a couple of wallys hahahahaha i've had tears in my eyes just thinking about it lol back to flipping burgers for you two
[quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]spa301[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dale89uk[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]John Steed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ricicles[/bold] wrote: my name is omar i am 24 not 22, I DID NOT THROW A LIT FAG IN THE BACK OF A VAN WITH FIRE WORKS,, THAT IS OUT RIGHT STUPID, i lit a fag and the VAPOR from the petrol ignited the explosion along with fire works , me and dale JUMPED out the vehicle whilst it was still moving then it hit the sign post, WE DID NOT LOOSE CONTROL OF THE VAN!!!! I still have my tattoos i have blisters and thats it. and bringing my brother into this you have no right,,, so before you go publishing a story make sure you have the FACTS OF THE STORY CORRECT....[/p][/quote]mate you are a div, you will never live this down, lit a fag with petrol fumes in the van, twonk, jumped out the van with it still moving, keystone cops the pair of you, the van crashed into a sign post then you say you didnt loose control, glad you got your tattoos because your next one needs to be MUPPET right across your forehead. best own up up to getting it wrong and then you can laugh with us lot. of course ricicles might just be somebody trying to have a wind up I dont care I havnt laugh so much since the wife left[/p][/quote]here we go another key board warrior what would you do if you was on fire sit in the van you dip **** people like you wind me up get all brave behide your key board why dont you do one and carryin on bustin one out over you pc you sad little ****[/p][/quote]me and dale are divs that survived in a burning van with fireworks,, mate look in the mirror ur wife left u,, so who is the DIV,, im just stating FACTS!!!! whos laughing now[/p][/quote]To be honest guys I really think you should stop digging as your hole's deep enough already......[/p][/quote]To be honest I was only putting the story straight, then we get you bunch of idiots running us into the ground, do u lot not think we have not been through enuff trauma, we never caused a crime it was a freak accident, ur hear about these stories and u would never think it would happen to ur self, u lot are goin on as if u r Mary poppins PERFECT I think not.[/p][/quote]what a couple of wallys hahahahaha i've had tears in my eyes just thinking about it lol back to flipping burgers for you two mictrix
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree