A man who was feared lost at sea has been found safe and well at home.
A huge police, coastguard and RNLI operation was launched shortly before 4.30pm today (November 12) after reports of a partially clothed man walking into the waves near West Pier.
Brighton and Shoreham RNLI joined coastguard crews and Sussex police officers as they desperately searched the coastline between The Meeting Place Cafe and West Pier.
After an hour searching, it was feared he was lost to the choppy and icy waters.
But with conditions becoming increasing difficult he was found safe and well at home.
Do you know the daring swimmer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Residents angry over late-night violence and drug dealing at popular student night
- Top Tory makes pizza at Hove restaurant chain where apprenticeship pledge is announced
- Woman calls 999 and asks for firefighters after she discovers "large spider" in her house
- Father cheats death as roof caves in around him
- UPDATED: Delays of up to 20 minutes on train services between Brighton and Haywards Heath