A man who was feared lost at sea has been found safe and well at home.
A huge police, coastguard and RNLI operation was launched shortly before 4.30pm today (November 12) after reports of a partially clothed man walking into the waves near West Pier.
Brighton and Shoreham RNLI joined coastguard crews and Sussex police officers as they desperately searched the coastline between The Meeting Place Cafe and West Pier.
After an hour searching, it was feared he was lost to the choppy and icy waters.
But with conditions becoming increasing difficult he was found safe and well at home.
Do you know the daring swimmer? Email email@example.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police drop Hove murder investigation after post mortem says woman died from natural causes
- Driver loses control and crashes after being pursued by police
- CCTV: 16-year-old boy "headbutted in the face" by man asking for cigarette paper
- Two car crash in Brighton
- Man seriously injured after Toyota Avensis hits tree in Hove