A man who was feared lost at sea has been found safe and well at home.
A huge police, coastguard and RNLI operation was launched shortly before 4.30pm today (November 12) after reports of a partially clothed man walking into the waves near West Pier.
Brighton and Shoreham RNLI joined coastguard crews and Sussex police officers as they desperately searched the coastline between The Meeting Place Cafe and West Pier.
After an hour searching, it was feared he was lost to the choppy and icy waters.
But with conditions becoming increasing difficult he was found safe and well at home.
Do you know the daring swimmer? Email email@example.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sussex weather and tides: What we should expect on Saturday April 25
- Two men shocked with stun gun in town centre in "rare and very unusual attack"
- Passengers face delays of up to an hour on rail services between London and the south coast
- Ouch...van gets sliced open after driving into scaffolding near Brighton Station
- Brighton-based zombie movie to hit the big screen after ten years of work