Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
UPDATE - Missing man found safe and well
A man who was feared lost at sea has been found safe and well at home.
A huge police, coastguard and RNLI operation was launched shortly before 4.30pm today (November 12) after reports of a partially clothed man walking into the waves near West Pier.
Brighton and Shoreham RNLI joined coastguard crews and Sussex police officers as they desperately searched the coastline between The Meeting Place Cafe and West Pier.
After an hour searching, it was feared he was lost to the choppy and icy waters.
But with conditions becoming increasing difficult he was found safe and well at home.
Do you know the daring swimmer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: nearly 100 flights delayed at Gatwick after Nats fault
- Farage pilot found dead at home in Eastbourne
- Gatwick Airport delays after control centre fault
- Chaos and damage as river bursts its banks
- Heroic work of the police and public recognised
Comments are closed on this article.