Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bus, van and pedestrian crash closes Hove road
8:14am Friday 16th November 2012 in News
A 31-year-old man is in hospital with serious head injuries after colliding with a bus and a van this morning.
The man hit two vehicles, both travelling east, when he crossed the B2066 New Church Road in Hove.
Sussex road policing unit sergeant Mark Baker said the man was running along the pavement on the south side of the road before the accident at about 7.25am.
Mr Baker said the injured man had sustained several blows to the head which are not thought to be life threatening. He is being treated for Royal Sussex County Hospital.
Mr Baker said: "We closed the road to allow officers to carry out an investigation into the incident.
"We apologise for any inconvenience the road closure may have caused."
The victim collided with the front of the 1A bus heading towards Whitehawk and then a red Mercedes van.
The road was closed between Westbourne Villas and Aymer Road for police investigate to investigate the scene until 11.12am when it reopened.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove 20mph zone set to extend out to Hangleton, Woodingdean, Ovingdean, Saltdean and Rottingdean
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Car fire at Preston Circus delays Brighton traffic
- Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts - Met Office issues fog warning for tomorrow
- Hove campaigner expecting verdict in Bexhill link road protest trial