Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Lighting up Brighton for Christmas
6:39pm Friday 16th November 2012 in News
Brighton city centre sparkles spectacularly as this year’s Christmas lights are turned on.
Large festive crowds gathered in East Street to see the traditional ceremony, hosted by Juice FM’s Foxy and Dan Gasser.
Spectators at the event last night (November 15) were treated to a Latin flavoured evening with the Silver Sounds Samba Band, the Ole Ole Flamenco Dancers, the Juicy Dance Crew and Brighton Theatre Workshop Youth Voice Choir.
Santa Claus even took time out from his busy Christmas schedule to appear onstage with his trusted elves.
The lights were paid for by the businesses of Brilliant Brighton and feature new, super-bright LED bulbs.
The evening was in support of the Rockinghorse Appeal and The Argus Appeal.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Boxing clever on Brighton's homeless crisis
- Brighton's Blind Tiger Club asking punters to save it from closure
- First World War medals burgled
- Plumpton Green family go five weeks without electricity after tumble dryer fire
- Pop pair Rizzle Kicks back bauballs campaign
Comments are closed on this article.