Brighton city centre sparkles spectacularly as this year’s Christmas lights are turned on.
Large festive crowds gathered in East Street to see the traditional ceremony, hosted by Juice FM’s Foxy and Dan Gasser.
Spectators at the event last night (November 15) were treated to a Latin flavoured evening with the Silver Sounds Samba Band, the Ole Ole Flamenco Dancers, the Juicy Dance Crew and Brighton Theatre Workshop Youth Voice Choir.
Santa Claus even took time out from his busy Christmas schedule to appear onstage with his trusted elves.
The lights were paid for by the businesses of Brilliant Brighton and feature new, super-bright LED bulbs.
The evening was in support of the Rockinghorse Appeal and The Argus Appeal.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- UPDATE: 35-year-old Newhaven man killed after being hit by a lorry
- Santa arrested after gluing himself to doors of Barclays Bank
- Motorist loses their way at Vogue Gyratory and ends up in... the cycle lane
- Mother pays tribute to son, 22, killed in Handcross crash which also claimed the life of 21-year-old friend