Brighton city centre sparkles spectacularly as this year’s Christmas lights are turned on.
Large festive crowds gathered in East Street to see the traditional ceremony, hosted by Juice FM’s Foxy and Dan Gasser.
Spectators at the event last night (November 15) were treated to a Latin flavoured evening with the Silver Sounds Samba Band, the Ole Ole Flamenco Dancers, the Juicy Dance Crew and Brighton Theatre Workshop Youth Voice Choir.
Santa Claus even took time out from his busy Christmas schedule to appear onstage with his trusted elves.
The lights were paid for by the businesses of Brilliant Brighton and feature new, super-bright LED bulbs.
The evening was in support of the Rockinghorse Appeal and The Argus Appeal.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Five deaths at one Brighton hospital unit revealed as treatment deemed not fit for purpose
- Pressure mounts on councillors to reject application for Brighton Wheel to stay but officers say it can remain
- Half a dozen wires discovered spanning cycle tracks through Coldean Woods
- Broken fire hydrant sends spectacular geyser of water over passing motorists
- Can you help find student Chay Dunn who has not been seen for ten days?