The Argus backed Brighton Handball Club has notched up an impressive draw in its first competitive game.
The lads, who formed just two months ago following the success of the sport at the Olympics, earned themselves a 9-9 tie against Eastbourne in a closely contested encounter.
The match not only saw them test their new skills against competitive opposition but also gave them the opportunity to debut their new team kits.
The team, formed off the back of the Argus Our Olympic Legacy campaign, launched following the success of the London Games.
Since September they have seen their membership rocket and have even secured sponsorship courtesy of Hove’s Red Frog Recruiting.
The team are now looking to join a regional league.
Squad member Adam Spencer, said: “It was a very enjoyable game and we even came up with a new nickname – the Brighton Seahawks.”
For more on the team: www.brightonhandball.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton Festival a 'resounding success' – as organisers look ahead to next year's 50th anniversary
- Man seriously injured after being hit by car
- Substance use by motorists said to be on the rise
- Exploding can leaves young pair in hospital
- Sky shone bright in tribute to West Pier