A man has died after crashing into a wall and a parked car.
The collision took place just after 6.10am today (November 20).
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “Emergency services went to Park Road, Petworth, after a Ford Focus car had collided with a parked car and a wall.
“The man who was driving the car has sadly died at the scene. Some roads in Petworth town centre are currently closed and drivers are being advised to avoid the town centre for the time being if possible. The investigation is at an early stage and no further information is available at present.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Police catch drug driver who can't walk in a straight line
- Brighton's Royal Pavilion Estate granted £5 million funding boost
- Squatters invade gallery as new leaseholder tries to open up
- Monty Python super fan finds the bright side of his life
- Gambling shops may lose licences after letting in underage punters