Two students have been charged with hurling insults at a transgender woman.
The incident happened on King’s Road in Brighton at around 2.05am on November 18.
Police were called after a transgender woman and her friends were allegedly subjected to abuse from individuals on a balcony.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “William Emerson, 19, and Benjamin Weyman, 21, both students from Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, have been charged with using threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
They will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 6.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Extension of free childcare offer in Brighton and Hove could fail because of "penny pinching" Government, councillor claims
- Success story for Brighton boys with £100 million contract
- Fines for school absence grow ten-fold since toughening up of rules
- Mr Blobby outfit completes year-long fancy dress challenge
- Lifting the lid on the rooms behind the doors of Something Street