Two students have been charged with hurling insults at a transgender woman.
The incident happened on King’s Road in Brighton at around 2.05am on November 18.
Police were called after a transgender woman and her friends were allegedly subjected to abuse from individuals on a balcony.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “William Emerson, 19, and Benjamin Weyman, 21, both students from Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, have been charged with using threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
They will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 6.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Hospital scare for girl after she sits on used needle
- Police return to area where murdered student found
- Firefighters drafted in to help rescue seagull trapped in netting
- Future now secure for 100-year-old care home
- Churchill Square Shopping Centre welcomes Schuh and Holland & Barrett