Two students have been charged with hurling insults at a transgender woman.
The incident happened on King’s Road in Brighton at around 2.05am on November 18.
Police were called after a transgender woman and her friends were allegedly subjected to abuse from individuals on a balcony.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “William Emerson, 19, and Benjamin Weyman, 21, both students from Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, have been charged with using threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
They will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 6.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Final Shoreham crash report to be published next week
- Tributes to player, 31, who collapsed and died on football pitch
- Man, 73, arrested over sending offensive social media messages to two MPs
- Storm Dorris is on her way and could bring winds of 70mph to Sussex
- Man found lying in road with life threatening injuries