Two students have been charged with hurling insults at a transgender woman.
The incident happened on King’s Road in Brighton at around 2.05am on November 18.
Police were called after a transgender woman and her friends were allegedly subjected to abuse from individuals on a balcony.
A Sussex Police spokeswoman said: “William Emerson, 19, and Benjamin Weyman, 21, both students from Beaconsfield Road, Brighton, have been charged with using threatening, abusive and insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
They will appear at Brighton Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 6.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested after four and a half hour rooftop stand off with police
- Man killed by train near Shoreham station named
- Parents face £70 school run parking fines
- VIDEO: Watch out for the giant jellyfish causing stir on the beaches
- Young bikers killed in crash with Range Rover are named