Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Protests over changes at University of Sussex
7:10pm Thursday 22nd November 2012 in News
Union members at the University of Sussex took to the campus to protest about the privatisation of some services.
They say bosses have not told them which companies it is speaking to about running its catering, estates and facilities and conference services.
The changes will mean 235 staff will be transferred to private firms.
The unions described the current bidding process as “poorly considered and secretive” and called on the university to start consulting properly with staff.
Protesters handed out flyers outside the Arts Piazza Café at the university as well as holding placards.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caterers pull out of Brighton and Hove culture hotspot contract
- Man gets head stuck in window after locking himself out
- Firefighters stumble across cannabis farm
- Vandals throw paint mixed with excrement over door
- Waste-water release kills more than 900 fish in river
Comments are closed on this article.