Club managers have blamed a succession of violent incidents in and around their venue on a few people.
Managers of the Light Bar and Liquid Lounge in Worthing say their venue is still “open for business as usual” while a review is carried out on their licences.
The Argus revealed yesterday how Sussex Police had asked Worthing Borough Council to carry out a review after 37 reports of sexual assaults, dance floor fights and breaches of the licences since April last year.
Manager James Lanz said: “We are currently in discussions with Sussex Police in a combined effort to stop antisocial behaviour brought about by a few members of the public in Worthing.
“We are in absolute cooperation with Sussex Police to ensure that a safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for everyone in Worthing.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- The man who blew the whistle...
- Two men charged over the kidnapping of a man off a residential street in Brighton
- Person hit by a train at Aldrington
- Posh girls’ school now has new swish style to go with it
- Homeless community feel safer on the street