Club managers have blamed a succession of violent incidents in and around their venue on a few people.
Managers of the Light Bar and Liquid Lounge in Worthing say their venue is still “open for business as usual” while a review is carried out on their licences.
The Argus revealed yesterday how Sussex Police had asked Worthing Borough Council to carry out a review after 37 reports of sexual assaults, dance floor fights and breaches of the licences since April last year.
Manager James Lanz said: “We are currently in discussions with Sussex Police in a combined effort to stop antisocial behaviour brought about by a few members of the public in Worthing.
“We are in absolute cooperation with Sussex Police to ensure that a safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for everyone in Worthing.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Motorcyclist injured while trying to complete ice bucket challenge
- Man living in derelict pub: ‘I want to be king of the squatters’
- City is beacon of economic dynamism
- I had to move home because of Tourette’s
- Gatwick in two-horse race for expansion after Boris Island ruled out