Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Club managers blame violence on ‘the few’ in review
8:59am Friday 23rd November 2012 in News
Club managers have blamed a succession of violent incidents in and around their venue on a few people.
Managers of the Light Bar and Liquid Lounge in Worthing say their venue is still “open for business as usual” while a review is carried out on their licences.
The Argus revealed yesterday how Sussex Police had asked Worthing Borough Council to carry out a review after 37 reports of sexual assaults, dance floor fights and breaches of the licences since April last year.
Manager James Lanz said: “We are currently in discussions with Sussex Police in a combined effort to stop antisocial behaviour brought about by a few members of the public in Worthing.
“We are in absolute cooperation with Sussex Police to ensure that a safe and enjoyable environment is maintained for everyone in Worthing.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Choccywoccydoodah counts cost of 'out of control' Brighton squat party
- Woman died after running into sea "impulsively"
- Missing Bexhill schoolboy returns home safe
- Green council accused of allowing recycling rates to plummet
- Hygiene blow for restaurant year after rat closure
Comments are closed on this article.