Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Eight rescued after fire in flats in Crawley
8:50am Tuesday 27th November 2012 in News
Eight people had to be rescued after a fire in a block of flats in Crawley this morning.
The fire broke out in the communal stairwell of the three storey building in Broadfield Place at about 7am.
Two separate residents called 999 after the fire trapped them in their flats.
Fire crews from Crawley, Horsham and Horley attended the scene and five people were rescued using an extension ladder from a first floor window.
Another three people were helped out of the building via the stairs.
The fire, which West Sussex Fire and Rescue described as small, was quickly extinguished.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
- Did you see the incident? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £30m redevelopment plans revealed for two Sussex hospitals
- New map reveals 20mph zone for Brighton and Hove
- Phoenix the cat from Arundel survives tumble dryer trip
- Next year's Pride looks to go international with Freedom to Live theme
- Fire service to slash budget by almost a fifth in five years - but plans discussed in private
Comments are closed on this article.