A man has died after being hit by a car in Brighton.
James Patterson, 37, of Rushlake Road, Coldean, Brighton, died on Monday at Hurstwood Park Neurosciences Centre.
Police and emergency services were called to Ditchling Road between the junction of Coldean Lane and Woodborn Avenue at around 5.55pm last Wednesday after reports of a crash.
It is believed that Mr Patterson was crossing the road when he was struck by a 29-year-old Brighton woman, who was driving the Renault Clio.
She was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital with minor injuries.
Sergeant Mark Baker from the Roads Policing Unit said: "We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision and has not yet come forward. Please call 101 quoting Op Cake.”
Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Patterson?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anna on 01273 544 539.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Smash causes brutal tailbacks on commuter route
- Second car in police chase hit and run
- A27 closed in both directions after air ambulance called to serious accident
- Widow’s anguish after grave is vandalised
- Passer-by pulls body of man from the sea