Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton University in £8.5m housing deal
10:50am Saturday 1st December 2012 in News
A university has handed out an £8.5 million contract to build new student housing.
ISG has been awarded the contract to construct 147 sustainable student units on a brownfield site at the edge of the South Downs.
The contractor has been awarded phase two of the University of Brighton’s three-phase, £33 million Varley Park scheme, which involves the demolition of two existing 1960s student accommodation blocks and the construction of three replacements.
The work is due to finish in September 2013.
Following demolition of the existing buildings, ISG will construct Slope House 2, Slope House 3 and Hill House 3.
The new buildings have been sympathetically designed to complement their surroundings, with Slope House 2 and Slope House 3 incorporating green roofs, while Hill House 3 will have a hand-made clay tile roof.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Busy junction plunged into darkness due to substation fire
- Woman who died following 'interaction' with police officers in Brighton named as Kelly Pearson
- Man killed after being struck by train at Moulsecoomb named as Mark Ellis, 29
- Teen who was struck by car on M23 as he fled from police is still critically ill one month on
- The Argus and City College '50 in 5’ apprentices drive nearing target
Comments are closed on this article.