Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton University in £8.5m housing deal
10:50am Saturday 1st December 2012 in News
A university has handed out an £8.5 million contract to build new student housing.
ISG has been awarded the contract to construct 147 sustainable student units on a brownfield site at the edge of the South Downs.
The contractor has been awarded phase two of the University of Brighton’s three-phase, £33 million Varley Park scheme, which involves the demolition of two existing 1960s student accommodation blocks and the construction of three replacements.
The work is due to finish in September 2013.
Following demolition of the existing buildings, ISG will construct Slope House 2, Slope House 3 and Hill House 3.
The new buildings have been sympathetically designed to complement their surroundings, with Slope House 2 and Slope House 3 incorporating green roofs, while Hill House 3 will have a hand-made clay tile roof.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Appeal for witnesses after two men are attacked in Hastings
- Suspected burglars arrested after detectives tracks them to stolen car
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
Comments are closed on this article.