Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man bailed over Kemp Town arson
8:45am Friday 30th November 2012 in News
A man arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire in which a 40-year-old died has been bailed until the new year.
Yesterday a police spokesman said: “Police and forensic teams continue to investigate the cause of a fire to which emergency services were called at around 3.50am on Wednesday in St George’s Terrace, Brighton.
“The cause of the fire is currently unexplained.
“The local man, who was brought out of the property but was pronounced dead at the scene, has not yet been formally identified and the cause of his death has not yet been established, but a post-mortem is due to take place today or tomorrow.
“The 48-year-old local man arrested near the scene on suspicion of arson was released on police bail on Wednesday evening until January 14 2013 while enquiries continue.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Crash on Shoreham flyover closes both lanes of the A27 westbound
- Concerns grow for missing 14-year-old Southwater girl
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
Comments are closed on this article.