Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Fears grow for distressed missing 24-year-old
Fears are growing for a distressed 24-year-old who has been missing since Wednesday (November 28).
Darren Brown was last seen leaving his home address in Balcombe wearing just Chelsea-style shorts, a white jacket, T-shirt and flip flops.
Officers are becoming increasingly concerned for his welfare with the current cold snap.
Chief Inspector Jon Hull said: "Darren has now been missing for two nights when temperatures have dropped to below freezing and we're extremely concerned for his welfare.
"He was not dressed appropriately for the weather, just wearing Chelsea-style shorts, a white jacket, T-shirt and flip flops.
"There was a possible sighting of Darren this morning at about 6.30am in the area of the Cowdray Arms in Balcombe Road, but despite officers immediately searching the area he has still not been found.
"Darren is believed to have been distressed when he left his home address following an argument and his family are desperate to know that he is safe and well.”
He is described as white, of thin build, with scruffy blonde hair grown to below his ears.
Anyone with information should call police immediately on 101, quoting serial 0941 of 28 November.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caught on camera: Driver's foul-mouthed tirade at Eastbourne cyclist
- Greater Brighton City Deal signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Gang of teenagers beat a man unconscious – then stamp on his head
- Sussex father deported because cancer treatment was too expensive
- Air ambulance lands following four-vehicle crash on M23 sliproad
Comments are closed on this article.