Police are investigating a report of road rage in a Tesco Express car park.
A man who was about to leave the car park in Little Ridge Avenue, St Leonards, in his blue Subaru had his exit blocked by a woman driving a red Citroen Saxo.
Both of the drivers got out of their cars, had an argument and it is alleged that the woman hit the man.
No hospital treatment was required and both parties left the area.
PC Jane Donnelly said: "A member of the public reported this to a member of staff inside the shop. If you were involved I would like to speak to you as you may hold information which can aid our investigation.”
Call Sussex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove Cityclean workers set to strike three times in two weeks
- Fight to save Brighton's Hippodrome from redevelopment into eight-screen cinema appears over after planning application isn't called in
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised
- Mother Nature brings her show to Sussex