Police are investigating a report of road rage in a Tesco Express car park.
A man who was about to leave the car park in Little Ridge Avenue, St Leonards, in his blue Subaru had his exit blocked by a woman driving a red Citroen Saxo.
Both of the drivers got out of their cars, had an argument and it is alleged that the woman hit the man.
No hospital treatment was required and both parties left the area.
PC Jane Donnelly said: "A member of the public reported this to a member of staff inside the shop. If you were involved I would like to speak to you as you may hold information which can aid our investigation.”
Call Sussex Police on 101.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You silly little boy: Police organise meeting with family of teenager who mocked deaths of Leeds fans in online picture
- Brighton bus services saved after company and council come to agreement
- Brighton's Dungeon Bar will have beer and bondage but will be a "safe place for people to explore their sexual desires"
- Death of five-year-old boy who drowned in pool while on family holiday deemed accidental
- Green Party members investigate new model for cannabis - making it legal and having the council sell it