Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Armed robber takes £1,400 in Eastbourne bookies raid
1:27pm Tuesday 4th December 2012 in News
Police are searching for a man in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
An armed robber stole nearly £1,500 in cash from Ladbrokes in Seaside, Eastbourne at just after 9am on Monday, December 3.
The robber had approached an employee at the till to place a bet but as the assistant was processing the bet, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
He then forced the assistant to open the store’s safe and empty the money into his bag before leaving the store, taking off his balaclava as he left.
The suspect has been described by police as black, around 6' 1" tall and slim with a wispy beard.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting Operation Wootton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Kebab shops face losing licences for opening up to five hours after closing time
- Missed appointments costing NHS in Sussex millions of pounds
- Have your say: Should council houses be reserved for convicts?
- Disabled woman 'appalled' after carer steals from her to buy iTunes vouchers
- Husband charged with plotting to murder his wife
Comments are closed on this article.