Police are searching for a man in connection with an armed robbery at a bookmakers.
An armed robber stole nearly £1,500 in cash from Ladbrokes in Seaside, Eastbourne at just after 9am on Monday, December 3.
The robber had approached an employee at the till to place a bet but as the assistant was processing the bet, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at him.
He then forced the assistant to open the store’s safe and empty the money into his bag before leaving the store, taking off his balaclava as he left.
The suspect has been described by police as black, around 6' 1" tall and slim with a wispy beard.
Anyone who has any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting Operation Wootton.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas throws her hat in the ring to be Green Party leader
- Council criticised over £250,000 costs to recruit senior staff only for some to leave their jobs months later
- Family chosen to be faces of children's hospice campaign
- Pupils learn maths and literacy through football
- Bus pasta not bus pass - Italian restaurant teams up with sightseeing double-decker