A 55-year-old man is the latest person to be arrested as part of the phone hacking probe.
The man was arrested at his home in East Sussex at about 7.30am today (December 5) on alleged breaches of privacy.
The arrest brings to 19 the number of people arrested under Operation Tuleta, a Metropolitan Police investigation into privacy breaches including the alleged hacking of computers and stolen mobile phones.
The suspect has been questioned at a Sussex police station and bailed until February.
Scotland Yard said the arrest was not directly linked to any news organisation or the activities of journalists.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Agency staff fees hit £22m at three Sussex councils
- Council clerk sacked after VAT blunder
- Popular nightclub loses licence after complaints about noise and anti-social behaviour
- Meeting will discuss sale of old school
- ‘Ghosts’ spotted in Lanes twitten