These school children were skating on thin ice on Tuesday.
Far from being badly behaved, the lucky St Nicolas Junior School pupils were treated to a synthetic ice rink for the day.
The happy students laced up their boots and wrapped up warm before gliding the day away.
Nicky Jenkins from the school’s Parents Teachers Association, said: “Instead of the traditional Christmas fair we decided to do something different this year.
"The PTA thought it would be a good idea if we got the rink in for the day so the children could experience something different. They really enjoyed themselves which was great to see.”
The school, in Portslade, is now a primary school and taking in new students. For details call 01273 418026.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: Pavilion Gardens in Brighton sealed off after man stabbed in the back
- Volunteers needed for Brighton's Color Run this afternoon
- Parents’ shock at STI tests offered to 15-year-olds in Brighton and Hove schools
- What could be the lasting impact of the Scottish referendum for the people of Sussex be?
- Sussex MP blasts 10% pay rise which would add £7k to their salaries as ‘out of touch’