These school children were skating on thin ice on Tuesday.
Far from being badly behaved, the lucky St Nicolas Junior School pupils were treated to a synthetic ice rink for the day.
The happy students laced up their boots and wrapped up warm before gliding the day away.
Nicky Jenkins from the school’s Parents Teachers Association, said: “Instead of the traditional Christmas fair we decided to do something different this year.
"The PTA thought it would be a good idea if we got the rink in for the day so the children could experience something different. They really enjoyed themselves which was great to see.”
The school, in Portslade, is now a primary school and taking in new students. For details call 01273 418026.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Minister announces he will step down at general election to "make way for younger candidate"
- Dreaming of a white February
- Well known Hove jewellers close after 57 years in business
- Roadworks on one of Sussex's busiest roads to close lanes and see speed limit drop to 40mph
- Snow alert: Six of the best pictures as the white stuff falls in Sussex again