These school children were skating on thin ice on Tuesday.
Far from being badly behaved, the lucky St Nicolas Junior School pupils were treated to a synthetic ice rink for the day.
The happy students laced up their boots and wrapped up warm before gliding the day away.
Nicky Jenkins from the school’s Parents Teachers Association, said: “Instead of the traditional Christmas fair we decided to do something different this year.
"The PTA thought it would be a good idea if we got the rink in for the day so the children could experience something different. They really enjoyed themselves which was great to see.”
The school, in Portslade, is now a primary school and taking in new students. For details call 01273 418026.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man gets life in prison for 'brutal and sadistic attack' in which he cut off victim's thumbs
- £15m compensation for commuters - but Southern won't pay a penny
- Stream leading to River Ouse polluted by slurry killing hundreds of fish
- Calls made to declare 'state of emergency' over homelessness
- School's bid to buy Snowdog in memory of pupil