Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Pupils get their skates on for time off lessons
11:20am Saturday 8th December 2012 in News
Buy this photo » Enjoying the ice at St Nicolas Junior School, Portslade
These school children were skating on thin ice on Tuesday.
Far from being badly behaved, the lucky St Nicolas Junior School pupils were treated to a synthetic ice rink for the day.
The happy students laced up their boots and wrapped up warm before gliding the day away.
Nicky Jenkins from the school’s Parents Teachers Association, said: “Instead of the traditional Christmas fair we decided to do something different this year.
"The PTA thought it would be a good idea if we got the rink in for the day so the children could experience something different. They really enjoyed themselves which was great to see.”
The school, in Portslade, is now a primary school and taking in new students. For details call 01273 418026.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Woman who died following 'interaction' with police officers in Brighton named as Kelly Pearson
- Man killed after being struck by train at Moulsecoomb named as Mark Ellis, 29
- Teen who was struck by car on M23 as he fled from police is still critically ill one month on
- The Argus and City College '50 in 5’ apprentices drive nearing target
- Police called to fox pelt draped over Newhaven phonebox
Comments are closed on this article.