Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police issue alert after two incidents of stranger danger involving girls on their way to school
- Driver arrested after fatal crash which killed 49-year-old man and closed the A27 for 12 hours
- Two masked men carrying handguns hold up Betfred in armed robbery
- Man, 49, found dead in Brighton property
- Man denies making explosives at his Sussex home