Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Protest over Lewes industrial site plan
12:00pm Saturday 8th December 2012 in News
Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man crushed to death in rubbish bin
- UPDATE: Traffic chaos as subsidence hits seafront road
- Officer numbers to fall as part of £81 million target for police cuts
- Knives and airguns just some of the weapons found in schools
- Father may travel to Syria to find his sons
Comments are closed on this article.