Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Children's centres at risk of closure
- Council bailiffs sold aid worker’s car over unpaid parking fines
- Search for man who offered a lift to a 12-year-old girl
- Historic restaurant put on the market for £500,000 after proprietors retire
- Care home rationed toilet paper and treats for its elderly residents