Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Shana's killer stalked me and 12 other women
- Police told to improve officer training after Shana Grice murder
- Man wanted by police in connection to rape investigation is arrested
- Judge orders squatters to leave derelict site
- Cyclist riding on the pavement who caused accident given a ticking off by police