Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Students left in tears after being forced to abandon exams due to bomb hoax
- Hove MP implores youth vote to help decide the EU referendum for Remain
- Arundel bypass route through Binsted would be 'death' of village, say campaigners
- The Argus Santa Bus brings in a record of close to £30,000 for charity
- Ridgeview wines from Sussex are the tipple of choice for No 10