Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Motorist loses their way at Vogue Gyratory and ends up in... the cycle lane
- After three crashes in five minutes, new £600k cycle lane branded a ‘death trap’
- UPDATE: 35-year-old Newhaven man killed after being hit by a lorry
- Santa arrested after gluing himself to doors of Barclays Bank
- Six vehicle accident on A23 causes delays for rush hour motorists