Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Firefighters announce four day strike starting next week