Protesters have taken to the streets armed with placards to fight plans to demolish part of Lewes.
The district council’s core strategy plan outlines how the Phoenix Industrial Estate could be redeveloped.
But campaigners gathered outside Pelham House on Thursday, December 6 to express their anger at the plan, which was being discussed at a council meeting inside.
The masterplan could pave the way for 350 homes, up to 5,000 square metres of office space, retail space, a hotel and redeveloping or relocating the Waitrose supermarket.
But campaigners say the area, which is home to a collection of old warehouses, is a thriving business community.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Electrical fault with a solar panel believed to have caused fire at Hove Town Hall
- Two people found dead after concerned care worker phones police
- Student suffers fractured skull after being hit by bus
- Ice cream sales hotting up with temperatures set to be better than Algiers, Budapest and Bucharest
- Woman trapped in car following crash on A27 westbound near Lewes