People across Sussex are bracing themselves for another cold spell as freezing temperatures hit the county.
The Met Office has issued a Cold Weather Level 2 alert for the south east, and advising NHS and social care services to be prepared.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
Temperatures could plunge to as low as -3C overnight tomorrow (December 11) and are not expected to climb higher than 3C or 4C over the next three days.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Electrical fault with a solar panel believed to have caused fire at Hove Town Hall
- Two people found dead after concerned care worker phones police
- Student suffers fractured skull after being hit by bus
- Ice cream sales hotting up with temperatures set to be better than Algiers, Budapest and Bucharest
- Woman trapped in car following crash on A27 westbound near Lewes