People across Sussex are bracing themselves for another cold spell as freezing temperatures hit the county.
The Met Office has issued a Cold Weather Level 2 alert for the south east, and advising NHS and social care services to be prepared.
Prolonged periods of cold weather can be dangerous, especially for the very young, very old or those with chronic diseases.
Temperatures could plunge to as low as -3C overnight tomorrow (December 11) and are not expected to climb higher than 3C or 4C over the next three days.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Seven Sisters could be sold to a private group
- Average speed camera system goes live on busy seafront road
- 'Five vehicle crash' on busy seafront road
- Victims must not be ‘fobbed off’
- Parents team up to fight ‘swingeing’ cuts to schools