A mobile phone ower received a picture of the new user of his stolen iPhone thanks to a security app igotya.com.
Sussex Police have issued the picture of this woman who was attempting to unlock an iPhone stolen from Coalition nightclub in Kings Road, Brighton earlier this month.
Officers are now keen to speak to the woman in a bid to return the phone to its rightful owner and track down those responsible for stealing it.
PC Gavin Crute said: "The owner of the camera has a rather cool app that takes a picture of anyone who tries to unlock it, maps their current location and then sends all the info back to the owner in an e-mail.
"We know where and when the photo was taken and it appears to be in a vehicle with quite a large sunroof.
“We don't know that the woman is the person who stole the camera, but she obviously has had some connection with it in the meantime and I'd like to speak to her about it."
If you are the woman in the photo or you recognise her, please contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting serial 1389 of 04/12.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- WITH VIDEO: Search for missing person after two more rescued from sea in 'life-threatening' condition
- Woman handed restraining order banning her from contacting gynaecologist
- PICTURES: Hundreds take part in Trans Pride parade
- Mum given just weeks to live determined to ‘fight this with everything’
- Death-link crib removed from sale in charity shop