Five police officers will appear in court over charges they assaulted a suspect while making an arrest.
The five Sussex Police officers are due to stand trial on Thursday, December 13 in relation to allegations of assault by beating.
PCs Lucy Fenney, Natalie Jennings, Jacqueline Peel and Oliver Pullen and Sergeant Chris O'Leary are all due to stand trial at Brighton Magistrates' Court on Thursday and Friday.
They have all pleaded not guilty following an alleged incident on June 25 last year at an address in Barns Green, Horsham.
The charges relate to alleged assaults which took place when officers were making arrests.
The officers were responding to a 999 call in Mile Ash Road, Barns Green, Horsham, at 1.40am at the time the alleged incidents took place.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man arrested after five Brighton and Hove betting shops are vandalised
- In The Dock: Three people who have appeared in court from Hove
- Refuse dispute resolution is ‘very close’ after council leader's 80 minute meeting with bin workers
- Crash driver died from injuries, not heart attack, police say
- Teenagers tricked and blackmailed into sending inappropriate images