An acupuncturist nicknamed the Sussex Baby Whisperer is celebrating the arrival of the 200th child born to parents she has helped.
Yvonne Darnell has been helping women with fertility problems at her Unity Acupuncture Clinic in Burgess Hill for the past five years.
Fourteen-week-old Larcan Lawson, from Worthing, was the 200th child born to families she has worked with.
He and his mother Sarah were among the guests at a special celebration organised by Mrs Darnell, which was also attended by other parents and babies.
About half of the women she works with use only acupuncture to aid their attempts to conceive, while the others use it alongside assisted conception such as IVF treatment.
Mrs Darnell said: “There is a tremendous feeling of satisfaction and pleasure when the people we have tried to help come to tell us they are pregnant.
“The rewards are just so high and I feel privileged to be a part of their journey.
“That is why celebrations like this are so important as it gives people a chance to get together and catch up.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched after woman dies in Hove home
- Brighton and Hove school league tables for 2014 exams
- Armed gang shot wrong man through letterbox of his Brighton home in case of mistaken identity
- Pervert caught filming up a woman's skirt in Brighton's River Island store gets camera ban
- Victorian church set for facelift after successful lottery funding bid