Peter Andre was said to be inconsolable after his brother Andrew died from kidney cancer.
Last night, Andrew died with Peter and the rest of his family by his side after leaving the Royal Marsden Hospital, in Chelsea.
Peter cancelled his tour, including his planned performance at the Brighton Centre last week to be at his brother's bedside.
A spokeswoman for the singer, who lives near East Grinstead, said: “Pete just can’t speak at the moment.
“Everyone was at Andrew’s side — his wife, daughter, Pete and their parents — the whole family.
“Andrew woke up, looked around at everyone to say goodbye, and then fell asleep. He passed away in his sleep. It was very peaceful.
“This is the first member of Pete’s immediate family to pass away and he is obviously devastated.
“The whole family is in shock and need time and privacy to grieve.”
Andrew was diagnosed with cancer of the kidneys after complaining of stomach pains last year.
Peter set up the New York Coffee Club with his three brothers, next to the Clock Tower, in Queen's Road, Brighton, earlier this year.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Weather warning for rain issued by Met Office
- Double standards row as police car is pictured on double yellow lines
- PACA still without a permanent head as James Fox investigation continues
- UPDATED: Sussex Police non-emergency 101 number problem is fixed
- Brighton man who groomed vulnerable girl jailed for 14 years