Shoppers were foxed by an unusual visitor to Brighton’s historic Lanes area.
The owners of the Cable and Cotton shop in Meeting House Lane got a surprise visit from a wild creature on Wednesday.
Shop owner Bryn Jones said his staff opened the door of the shop and the fox trotted in, looked the stock up and down, before wandering through to the back of the shop.
The creature made his way to the toilet and stayed there calmly for about an hour.
He said: “After a while, the fox jumped down, wandered back through the shop again, looking rather intently at the lights which are for sale, went up to the door and was let out into the street.
“Perhaps the fox took a real shine to the shop’s unusual lights.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- i360 closed due to yet another technical fault
- Town Hall to become £10m international trade hub
- Commuters could face more delays - this time because of the new £1 coin
- Terror police probe killer’s Brighton links
- Khalid Masood: profile of a killer