Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Policeman left paralysed after accident while on holiday with young family
- Yummy steak and kidney pie is the best! Sussex farm shop scoops gold at awards ceremony
- Band bans all phones from their secret Brighton gig
- Couple set to break the record for oldest to marry when they tie the knot on his 103rd birthday
- Youngsters dance their way to the top of international contest