Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man found dead at Brighton homeless hostel
- Police hunt man after girl, 14, raped near field in Ovingdean
- Mum quits job to enter competitions full time after winning £250,000 in prizes
- VIDEO: Tragedy feared from planes flying ‘dangerously low’ over Shoreham
- Veteran DJ Bill bows out due to ill health