Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Calls for inquiry after inquest into solider's death in 'friendly fire'
- Hundreds line streets of Brighton in defence of the NHS
- Work about to begin on a £21m makeover of venues
- Pressure groups unify against a hard Brexit
- Palmeira Square drugs exchange like ‘a bad James Bond’ scene