Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Predator who raped a man and a woman on the same night jailed for 20 years
- Polegate councillor appears in court charged with attempted murder of wife
- Councillor in court over attempted murder of his wife
- Families fear Portslade playground has been 'forgotten’ by Brighton and Hove City Councillors
- Serious car crash on Ditchling Beacon leaves two trapped and unconscious