Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Free advice about debt
11:20am Wednesday 26th December 2012 in News
Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Seven-year-old Jake becomes detective and helps reunite Brighton mum with precious snaps
- How's that for some change! Archaeologists discover 700-year-old coin in Lewes dig
- Eastbourne father and son councillors set to become Chinese television stars
- Bin backlog in Brighton and Hove 'like living in Victorian era'