Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton and Hove Cityclean workers set to strike three times in two weeks
- Fight to save Brighton's Hippodrome from redevelopment into eight-screen cinema appears over after planning application isn't called in
- Rooftop man pleads guilty to wasting police time after 30 officers involved in four and a half hour standoff
- Man exposes himself to 13-year-old while urinating in street - can you help with police appeal?
- Prison officer set upon by three inmates in Lewes Prison is hospitalised