Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Free advice about debt
11:20am Wednesday 26th December 2012 in News
Residents are being offered free advice on how to cope with Christmas debt.
Group sessions for people who might be tempted to overspend during the holidays are being offered by Arun Wellbeing and Arun and Chichester Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) at children’s centres, schools and community and voluntary organisations and can be arranged through the CAB by calling 01903 725960.
Paul Wotherspoon, Arun District Council’s cabinet member for community development, said: “There are a number of people who end up spending money that they do not have over the festive season, which can lead to a stressful new year.
“These sessions are designed to give information and advice that could help avoid starting 2013 with money worries or debt collectors on the doorstep.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Riot police raid Brighton squat after man found with head injuries
- Mystery over body found at recycling centre
- Investigation launched following violent incidents in Worthing
- Man to appear in court accused of racially abusing a shop worker in Eastbourne
- Concern over missing 15-year-old Jake Gillespie
Comments are closed on this article.