A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- ‘Beautiful brave Sam’ loses her battle for life
- Chef Delia supports Labour to save NHS
- TV hotel evacuated after fire in basement
- Preston Park will host new ‘unique festival experience’
- March for England organisers would 'love' to return to Brighton next year