A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- Man charged over five sex assaults on women and girls over 23 days
- Man caught drink driving whilst speeding at 120mph on A23
- Commuters may be hit with fresh strike hell
- Travellers have forced me to close my business, says expectant mum of twins
- Man held after £80k worth of cannabis seized in drugs bust