A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- UPDATED: Man accused of 'road rage' murder not giving evidence at trial
- 'The worst 90 minutes of football ever' Fan shocked by bigot's tirade
- Schools minister 'already seen test question he got wrong'
- Homophobic attack victim tells how he could lose his sight
- Albion fans around the world have eyes on the big game