Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Parts of Brighton on Flood Alert
9:01pm Monday 24th December 2012 in News
A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Sussex Police Chief Constable announces retirement after 32-year career
Comments are closed on this article.