A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- You've stolen my life: Brighton woman tells shocking story of online 'catfish' impersonator
- No more Punch and Judy show
- Eubank Junior aims to step out of the shadow of his world boxing champ father with victory tonight
- Driver uninjured after car crashes into lamppost
- Sea and river search launched