A FLOOD alert has been issued for Patcham, Brighton.
The Environment Agency made the warning after ground water levels rose further during Christmas Eve.
Brighton and Hove City Council said it was working with the Environment Agency and East Sussex Fire and Rescue in preparation for potential floods.
The authroities have recommended residents monitor the Environment Agency and Brighton and Hove City Council website for updates.
Flood alerts are in force across the county following days of heavy rain.
Christmas Day looks set to bring more wet weather.
- UPDATE: Squat stabbings - suspects released on bail
- West Pier revival is back on the agenda
- TRANSPORT UPDATE: Delays up to half an hour expected on Sussex trains into London
- More to pay as council is hit by Government cuts
- Emergency patients 'left lying on trolleys'