Overrunning roadworks will resume on a major road today (January 7).
Highways Agency staff will continue drainage works on the A27 near Lancing today for three weeks, in what is hoped to be the end of work at the site.
Daytime work will begin between Manor Road and Busticle Lane and lane closures could be in place for up to three days, while the same stretch will be closed overnight between 8pm and 6am for up to three weeks with signed diversions.
The work was supposed to be completed last month but the Highways Agency claim that poor weather and unexpected problems have led to the work taking longer than expected.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- 22-year-old man found dead in Brighton named
- Brighton cafe-bar wins battle to keep its licence with a few minor amendments
- JAILED: The man who stabbed his mother 11 times in a drug-fuelled haze and cut off his genitals
- Mortar found in Brighton school basement
- Second wine theft in a week as burglars make off with more than £10,000 worth of bottles