The plight of people in a West African country has inspired a Brighton man to cycle to Portsmouth to raise money.
Jamie Common is taking on the challenge on January 19 to support a project that tackles poverty in Burkina Faso.
The 22-year-old will travel to the country to work on the development programme for 12 weeks as part of the govern-|ment-funded International Citizen Service (ICS).
Afterwards he will take part in an Action at Home Project, ensuring his new skills also benefit his home community.
Jamie said: “I’ve been cycling everywhere I go in preparation for it and have managed to get a couple of friends to do it with me so it would be brilliant if people were able to donate generously.”
To sponsor Jamie visit www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Common1.
To find out more about ICS or to apply, visit www.ics-uk.org.uk or call 0208 780 7400.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Dog attacker let go by police but could still face RSPCA prosecution
- Calls for more police patrols after girl, 13, grabbed and dragged by man
- Concern over plans to changes to post office
- Big launch of historic Argus photo archive
- Birth rate falls by 12% at hospital trust raises fears over maternity services