The plight of people in a West African country has inspired a Brighton man to cycle to Portsmouth to raise money.
Jamie Common is taking on the challenge on January 19 to support a project that tackles poverty in Burkina Faso.
The 22-year-old will travel to the country to work on the development programme for 12 weeks as part of the govern-|ment-funded International Citizen Service (ICS).
Afterwards he will take part in an Action at Home Project, ensuring his new skills also benefit his home community.
Jamie said: “I’ve been cycling everywhere I go in preparation for it and have managed to get a couple of friends to do it with me so it would be brilliant if people were able to donate generously.”
To sponsor Jamie visit www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Common1.
To find out more about ICS or to apply, visit www.ics-uk.org.uk or call 0208 780 7400.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Pervert admits spying on woman in swimming pool changing rooms
- Tax to rise by £5 to pay for more police officers
- Missing boy, 7, who ran off from school found 'safe and well'
- Hunt launched for boy, 7, who ran off after arriving at school
- Man denies stabbing teenager in London Road McDonald's