Police have found a 12-year-old schoolboy who went missing in Uckfield this morning safe and well.
Henry Clayson was wearing his pyjamas and school shoes when he disappeared from his Uckfield home at 6.30 this morning.
He was spotted walking through the town centre by a driver, who called the police.
Police mounted a full-scale search of the town when Henry disappeared.
The 5ft 5in schoolboy from New Road was also wearing a distinctive bronze puffa coat.
Local people were asked to check their gardens, sheds and garages and dog walkers were also asked to keep an eye out.
A police helicopter was hovering over the Harlands Estate before being called to the town centre when a Twitter user spotted the schoolboy.
When the search started sergeant Simon Kind from Uckfield police said: "Henry's disappearance is completely out of character and his family is understandably very concerned.
"We are deploying a significant number of officers to the search, but I would ask everyone to keep an eye out for him."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Zoe Ball and Norman Cook announce their separation
- Elderly man found dying on floor ten hours after missed care appointment
- Police never gave us a chance - nightclub owners
- Unanswered questions over £100m housing project made councillor's stomach churn
- P-awesome news... the Snowdogs have arrived!