Sussex Downs College has received a damning Ofsted report.
Inspectors said pupils at the Eastbourne college were not progressing well enough, teaching was not consistently good enough, provision in humanities and social science was inadequate and promotion of equality and diversity in the curriculum was insufficient.
The report said: “The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is not consistently good enough and varies too much between subject areas.”
However inspectors highlighted the wide range of courses and activities on offer, links with community partners and employers and training for apprentices.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- All change at the top as new chairman announced for West Pier
- Dog attacker let go by police but could still face RSPCA prosecution
- Road blocked after two car crash in Brighton
- Calls for more police patrols after girl, 13, grabbed and dragged by man
- 17 things to do with the family in Sussex this May Day Bank Holiday weekend