Sussex Downs College has received a damning Ofsted report.
Inspectors said pupils at the Eastbourne college were not progressing well enough, teaching was not consistently good enough, provision in humanities and social science was inadequate and promotion of equality and diversity in the curriculum was insufficient.
The report said: “The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is not consistently good enough and varies too much between subject areas.”
However inspectors highlighted the wide range of courses and activities on offer, links with community partners and employers and training for apprentices.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Call for safety review after man knifed in gardens
- Fate of school is uncertain as vote nears
- Walkers warned after crack appears at beauty spot
- Firefighters battle kitchen blaze
- Rescuers end hawk’s flying visit to hall