Sussex Downs College has received a damning Ofsted report.
Inspectors said pupils at the Eastbourne college were not progressing well enough, teaching was not consistently good enough, provision in humanities and social science was inadequate and promotion of equality and diversity in the curriculum was insufficient.
The report said: “The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is not consistently good enough and varies too much between subject areas.”
However inspectors highlighted the wide range of courses and activities on offer, links with community partners and employers and training for apprentices.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Police hunt for shoplifter with handgun after supermarket raid
- Residents plea to tackle high levels of drug dealing on three Brighton streets
- Council to run up £36k legal bill fighting i360 information case
- Danny Mac's shock at staying top of Strictly leaderboard for fourth week as he goes into semi-final
- Crunch month for future of park considered one of Brighton's jewels