Sussex Downs College has received a damning Ofsted report.
Inspectors said pupils at the Eastbourne college were not progressing well enough, teaching was not consistently good enough, provision in humanities and social science was inadequate and promotion of equality and diversity in the curriculum was insufficient.
The report said: “The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is not consistently good enough and varies too much between subject areas.”
However inspectors highlighted the wide range of courses and activities on offer, links with community partners and employers and training for apprentices.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Judge criticises Sussex Police for "jumping to conclusions" over Shana's complaints
- Michael Lane jailed for 25 years for the murder of Shana Grice
- Shana's family 'very relieved' over 'long and deserved prison sentence' for Lane
- Parking gripes as travellers move on to bingo hall site
- Man’s stash of child porn