Sussex Downs College has received a damning Ofsted report.
Inspectors said pupils at the Eastbourne college were not progressing well enough, teaching was not consistently good enough, provision in humanities and social science was inadequate and promotion of equality and diversity in the curriculum was insufficient.
The report said: “The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is not consistently good enough and varies too much between subject areas.”
However inspectors highlighted the wide range of courses and activities on offer, links with community partners and employers and training for apprentices.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- ‘Stand together to push back extremist groups’
- She said yes! Couple get engaged in photo booth only to leave the pictures in the back of a cab
- One of Brighton's oldest shops could be torn down to make way for entrance to new shopping square
- Van driver should have faced prosecution for blocking ambulance on emergency call to fitting baby
- Charity donates robot surgeon to hospital