Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Night nurse accused of sleeping on duty in Hove
4:30pm Tuesday 8th January 2013 in News
A nurse accused of falling asleep on the job is appearing before a disciplinary panel.
Karen Stirman is said to have been found sleeping while in charge of the night shift at around 11.15pm on May 24, 2010.
The deputy matron is also said to have failed to provide patients at Victoria Nursing Home in Hove with the right medication.
She is accused of failing to turn one resident properly, failing to administer or record the right tablets and failing |to ensure a call bell was |within reach for two other residents.
She will appear at a Nursing and Midwifery Council hearing in London.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Parking restrictions will 'damage trade'
- Protesters rally against plan for 100 new homes
- Man given emergency first aid after fire in pub
- Homes flooded by burst water main
- UPDATE: Passion of the Christ going ahead
Comments are closed on this article.