Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
REOPENED: A27 closed at Brighton after police incident
The A27 has been reopened after a police incident closed the road westbound for more than an hour this morning.
The main route was initially closed in both directions at Falmer at 6.40am.
The eastbound carriageway was reopened 15 minutes later, but was closed westbound until 8am.
At its worst, traffic was reported to be queuing back for three miles back towards Lewes.
Traffic was being diverted into Brighton along Lewes Road, where Brighton and Hove Buses also reported long delays, affecting services.
The road was while police negotiated with a man who was on the wrong side of the barrier at a bridge over the road.
He agreed to get down and was taken to hospital.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Caroline Lucas found not guilty in anti-fracking protest trial
- VIDEO: Caroline Lucas speaks outside court
- Have your say: Should the West Pier be dismantled?
- Man strolling along M23 was 'walking to London'
- Raw sewage found in kebab shop
Comments are closed on this article.