A parking permit scheme designed to keep residential streets clear during Albion match days has received the backing of residents.
People living in Coldean and Moulsecoomb have voted in favour of a parking scheme in their neighbourhoods during match days and large events at American Express Community Stadium.
Consultation of 4,000 residents and businesses carried out in the autumn revealed that more than three-quarters of Coldean residents and more than two thirds in Moulsecoomb responded favourably to bringing the scheme.
Members on the council’s transport committee will have final say on the plans next week, which will affect nearly 80 streets.
If agreed, the residents’ parking scheme could be in place by June in time for summer events and the start of the 2013/14 football season.
The move has been proposed to prevent Seagulls’ supporters parking close to the stadium in unofficial parking areas.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Brighton's growth to be reined in by Brexit
- LATEST: Mother of murdered Lauren Masters' heart felt promise to Tyler and Oscar
- Mother disowns woman who was feared missing in Tunisia
- Student houses forced to close after landlords lose appeals
- UPDATE AND VIDEO: London Bridge railway services suspended following fire